|Clifton Rugby Football Club History||
Grounds - Durdham Down 1882-1885
Above a report from the Bristol Mercury dated 17th October 1882 which tells of the move.
Above the ground at Durdham Down coloured pink. Reproduced from the (1881) Ordnance Survey map. © Crown copyright.
The statistics for the seasons Clifton played on this ground are here 1882-1883, 1883-1884, and 1884-1885
The ground was owned by Mr. Henry St. Vincent Ames. For more click here
In 1885 we moved to Leach's Field in Westbury-on-Trym click here
Above a report from the Bristol Mercury dated the 12th August 1896 which advertises the sale the the former ground at Durdham Down and Henleaze Lane.
A report on the sale of the land from the Bristol Mercury on the 14th August 1896. The land was sold for £16,500
Above: After being sold the ground was developed with housing. Position of Field 645 shown pink. Reproduced from the (1903) Ordnance Survey map. © Crown copyright.