|Clifton Rugby Football Club History||
Grounds - Eastfield 1920-1926
This was a temporary measure when the club shared the ground owned by Westbury Cricket Club while they looked for a more permanent ground.
An announcement was made on 17th August 1920 that a ground had been obtained at Eastfield, Westbury-on-Trym. The entrance to the ground was in Henleaze Road, about 100 yards beyond the Henleaze Congregational Church.
The Opening fixture was on 9th October 1920 v Bristol Grammar School.
Above a map of the area. Reproduced from the (1921) Ordnance Survey map. © Crown copyright. The Henleaze Congregational Church at the junction of Waterford Road and Henleaze Road.
The new club headquarters were the White Lion Hotel Westbury.
Above the White Lion in Westbury.
In 1926 we moved to Eastfield Road click here