|Clifton Rugby Football Club History||
An Uncle and 2 nephews. The family owned 'The Bedminster, Easton, Kingswood and Parkfield Collieries. The Head Office was at Easton Colliery, off Stapleton Road, and at Dean Lane Bedminster.
Above from the Bristol Mercury on 25th October 1895 when John Ryan Bennett was proposed as a candidate for the Municipal Elections. Note Clifton founder James Fuller Eberle also proposed.
Alfred Henry Bennett
He was born in 1860 in Bristol. He was the brother of John Ryan Bennett whose 2 sons, Henry and John, played for Clifton RFC. Alfred joined Clifton in 1880-81.
Henry Ryan Bennett
He died in World War 1.
John Piers Bennett
He was born on the 6th August 1898. He was educated at Clifton College from 1909 to 1916 and then Cais College, Cambridge. He joined Clifton RFC in 1919-20. He worked for the Bankers N.M.Rothschild & Sons. He died in 1970.