|Clifton Rugby Football Club History||
Grounds - North View 1899-1914
Above North View shaded pink. Reproduced from the (1903 & 1916) Ordnance Survey maps. © Crown copyright.
Above left a map of the late 1920s. The rugby ground at North View, Westbury-on-Trym is still there. Although it had been used as allotments during the 1st World War. The area east is appropriately called New Clifton later the name disappeared and it became a part of Westbury Park. Above right an aerial photograpgh from the late 1920s with the pitches/allotments at North View on the extreme right. Development of the site has already commenced.
Above photograph of North View was taken in the early 1930s and the pitches have now been built on with a garage and shops. In 2005 the garages were demolished and the site is being developed again.
In 1919 we returned, temporarily, to Redland Green click here